Terms and Conditions
Welcome to internshala.com, (herein after referred to as the “Site”), a portal of Scholiverse Educare Private Limited (herein after referred to as the SEPL). These terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) constitute a legal agreement between you and SEPL. Use of this Site constitutes your unconditional acceptance of these Terms herein and by all terms, policies and guidelines incorporated by reference. These Terms apply to your use of this Site, and do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with SEPL, its subsidiaries or affiliates. If you are using the Site on behalf of any entity, you further represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms on such entity’s behalf, and that such entity agrees to indemnify SEPL for violations of these Terms. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not use this Site.
Registration Data and Account Security
Most Important Terms & Conditions for Employers
These Terms & Conditions, specifically for employers, are in addition to the other generic Terms & Conditions listed on the page which are common to all the users of the site. Any violation of these T&Cs may result in an employer’s internship being declined for publication on Internshala or his/her account being permanently blocked.
Internship Posting T&Cs:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are authorized to post internships on your organization’s behalf. Any dispute or legal claim arising out of unauthorized posting would be solely your liability and you indemnify Internshala of any and all possible consequences of such actions.
- If you upload your organization’s logo while posting your internship or creating/updating your company profile, you are authorizing Internshala to display it on our website along with internship post or in the list of our clients. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are duly authorized to share your organization logo with 3rd parties and allow them to use it.
- Internshala reserves the right to publish the internship post of companies on social media handles like LinkedIn, Indeed etc, and newspapers in order to increase the visibility of the internship post.
- You must provide accurate and complete details about the organization and the internship – too brief or too vague a description of the organization, or internship profile results in poor quality internship post and hence may get declined. Any act of misinformation or hiding material information would result in your account being permanently blocked.
- You may be asked for documents in the name of your company for our first-time user authentication process. This information will only be used for authentication purposes and will not be used anywhere else in any form.
- The minimum stipend criteria for an in-office internship is Rs. 2000/Month and for a work from home internship is Rs. 1000/Month.
Internshala does not allow:
- Unpaid internships, except for NGOs/NPOs & some niche profiles (Law, Experimental Physics, Library Science, and the likes).
- Training program and any such program where students are expected to pay a security deposit or an admission fee.
- Modelling internships (for girls) from unknown or lesser known companies.
- Network Level Marketing (NLM) internships.
- Any internship where there is a possibility for an intern of consuming alcohol or smoking or inducing others to do so, as the majority of our users are underage.
- Businesses promoting explicit religious content, a particular religious personality or a sect etc. are not allowed to post internships on Internshala.
- Businesses promoting or dealing in gambling and related games.
- Internshala reserves the right to publish the internship post of companies on social media platforms and websites like LinkedIn, Indeed, Sheroes, Qween, etc., along with newspapers and magazines in order to increase the visibility of the internship post.
- Third party internship posting. You can post internships only for the organization that you directly work for. Recruiting agencies or any third party agencies are not authorized to post internships on their clients’ behalf. Any such internships will be declined and the account may be permanently blocked on Internshala.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that there is no material difference between the internship details that are advertised on Internshala and the details that are communicated to students later in the selection process (pre-interview, in offer letter etc.). Any ‘negative’ material difference (such as offered stipend being lower than what was advertised) may result in your account being permanently blocked on Internshala.
- You must respond to any student complaints regarding your internship post that we may bring to your notice within 72 working hours. Failure do so may result in temporary suspension of your internship post till we receive a response from you.
- If you come across any suspicious activity, content or behaviour on Internshala by a student or another user, you must report it to Internshala immediately so that necessary actions can be taken.
- While we put our best efforts to reach out to the best intern talent available in the country, posting your internship on Internshala does not guarantee hiring of an intern.
- You can use the applicants’ data that you receive for your internship solely for the purpose of intern hiring. Any attempt to send any other communication (promotional content for example) to the applicants or any other usage of the data is strictly prohibited.
- You are strictly prohibited from transferring/selling/sharing applicants’ data, for free or for a fee, to any other entity. Any such attempt would result in your account on Internshala being permanently blocked and would be liable for legal action against you and your organization. We take our users’ data privacy and protection very seriously and have zero tolerance policy towards it.
Most Important Terms & Conditions for Student Users
These Terms & Conditions, specifically for student users, are in addition to the other generic Terms & Conditions listed on the page which are common to all the users of the site. Any violation of these T&Cs may result in a student’s internship application being declined or his/her account being permanently blocked.
- If you have applied for an internship on Internshala and receive a communication from Internshala or hiring organization regarding your application, you must respond to it with-in 72 hours.
- Once you accept an internship offer, you must make every possible effort to join and start the internship on time. To not show up or to decline an earlier accepted internship offer at the last moment, or to go incommunicado creates a very poor impression of you in front of the employer and reduces the credibility of the student community at large. Any such behaviour will not only result in your account being blocked on Internshala but we will also report it to your college administration.
- You must provide with accurate and complete information at the time of internship application or creating an account on Internshala – any misrepresentation of information, or hiding of material information, or impersonation would result in your account being blocked on the site and you being reported to your college administration.
- You must pay attention to an internship’s complete details (profile, start date, location, duration, whether paid or unpaid, skills required etc.) before applying for it. Irrelevant applications will result in your account being penalized (we may stop you from applying to future internships or block you account all together)
- You are strictly prohibited from transferring/selling/sharing employer’ data (contact details etc.), for free or for a fee, with any other entity. Any such attempt would result in your account on Internshala being permanently blocked and would be liable for legal action against you. We take our users’ data privacy and protection very seriously and have zero tolerance policy towards it.
- Internshala student community is a community of sincere students who are known for and expected to demonstrate high standards of professionalism in their dealings with other users and employers – you are required to maintain these standards and decorum of the community.
- If you come across any suspicious activity, content or behaviour on Internshala by an employer or another user, you must report it to Internshala immediately so that necessary actions can be taken – this is both your duty and obligation.
- While we make our best efforts to bring you the best internship opportunities possible, Internshala does not guarantee an internship to a student.
- Upon registration, your registered email id and phone number will be automatically subscribed to receive email and SMS notifications from Internshala. You may opt out of it anytime.
Rights to Website and Contents thereof
This Site is owned and operated by SEPL. All the content featured or displayed on this Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, images(photographic and moving), illustrations, software and selection and arrangement thereof (“Content”), is owned by SEPL. All elements of this Site, including, but not limited to, the general design and the Content thereof, are protected by copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws related to the protection of intellectual property rights. Except for, as explicitly permitted under this, or other written license or agreement with SEPL, no portion or element of this Site or its content may be copied or retransmitted via any means. All related rights shall remain the exclusive property of SEPL, its licensors or its third-party image partners.
Using the Website
This Site and its Content are intended for Users of internshala.com, the division of SEPL. You may not use this Site or the content for any purpose, which is not related to your business with internshala.com. Any use of the Content, this Site or any of its functionality for a purpose not permitted by these Terms is grounds for the immediate revocation of any usernames, pass codes or other permissions that may have been granted by internshala.com on behalf of SEPL for use of this Site. You are specifically prohibited from: (i) downloading, copying, or retransmitting any or all of the Site or the Content without, or in violation of, a written license or agreement with SEPL; (ii) using any data mining or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (iii) manipulating or otherwise displaying the site or the content by using, framing or similar navigational technology; (iv) registering, subscribing, unsubscribing, or attempting to register, subscribe any party for any the site if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so; and (v) using the Site or Content other than for its intended purpose. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and applicable communications regulations and statutes. You represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable regulations, including, without limitation, those relating to the internet, data, e-mail, privacy and the transmission of technical data exported from India or the Country in which you reside.
SEPL’s Trademarks, the SEPL’s logo, and any other product or service name or slogan contained in the Site are trademarks of SEPL and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of SEPL or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use meta-tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing content or any other name, trademark or product or service name of SEPL without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, Site name and logo, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of SEPL and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SEPL, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, employees, agents, third party information providers and independent contractors against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to any User Content that you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Site, your conduct, your use or inability to use the Site, your breach or alleged breach of the Site Terms or of any representation or warranty contained herein, your unauthorized use of the Content, or your violation of any rights of another. Further you shall indemnify SEPL, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and licensors against any loss, expense, cost or damage incurred by any or all of them as a result of your breach of these Terms or your unauthorized use of the Content or the Site.
Notwithstanding any of these Site Terms, SEPL reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your account and/or to block your use of the Site.
Changes to Site Terms
SEPL reserves the right to change any of the terms and conditions contained in the Site Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in its sole discretion. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. We encourage you to review the Site Terms whenever you visit the website.
You hereby expressly agree that once you or any other person have started the process of downloading content from the site by expressly, without reservation, agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site and license agreement, by clicking and accepting them and have further submitted your credit card/ any other card details to the site/internet banking service provider for payment and your account gets debited no chargeback claim/dispute with regard to the failure of delivery of Product/ Content or the use/misuse of such credit card or any other card, filed by you/on your behalf with the Credit Card Provider/Internet banking service provider or any Bank/Financial Institution shall be binding on SEPL or SEPL’s Merchant Bank. You accept and take full responsibility towards the ownership/possession and use of your credit card or any other card. You expressly waive and consciously give up any/all rights you may have in law or in any agreement between you and the credit card or any other card provider/internet service provider or under network rules and regulations to raise any dispute to claim any charge back or any process fee from any Bank/Financial Institution/ Internet banking service provider affecting SEPL in any manner pecuniary or otherwise on any grounds whatsoever including non delivery of Product/Content or fraudulent or improper transactions by the unauthorized/improper use of your credit/debit card or any other card. This understanding that you will have no right to claim any charge back is a material condition of this agreement and once you hereby expressly agree to it you shall be stopped from challenging/disputing it in any adjudication/proceeding before any Bank/Financial institution/ Internet banking service provider or Court or otherwise. Without prejudice to SEPL’s right to defend its interest(s), SEPL shall not be made a party to any chargeback proceedings before any Bank/Financial institution/ Internet banking service provider or court and in no case be required to prove the transaction effected by the use of your credit/debit or any other card was legitimate and genuine, or that SEPL has actually provided you the downloaded content. Please refer to our Refund & Cancellation policy for more details.
This site and its content are provided “as is” and SEPL and its directors, employees, content providers, agents and affiliates exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any warranty, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. SEPL will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site. The functions embodied on or in the materials of this site are not warranted to be uninterrupted or without error. You, not Internshala, assume the entire cost of all necessary care or correction due to your use of this site or content. Sepl makes no warranty that the site or the content is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. SEPL uses reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy, correctness and reliability of the Content, but we make no representations or warranties for the same. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, SEPL or third parties. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site or by separate license or agreement. Any unauthorized use of these images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and other applicable laws.
Severance & Waiver
No action of SEPL, other than an express written waiver or amendment, may be construed as a waiver or amendment of any of these Terms. If any clause in these Terms is found to be unenforceable, wherever possible, it will not affect any other clause and each will remain in full force and effect. We reserve the right to change these Terms, the Content displayed on the Site, any license contained on the Site and any other information or license terms without prior notice. These Terms set out the entire agreement between SEPL and you relating to your use of this Site. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
All license agreements, use or any issues arising out of any activity regarding the use of this website will be governed by the laws of India and subject to exclusive jurisdiction of courts in the State of Andhra Pradesh.